Brie is a versatile cheese, particularly suited to baking for spread on crackers.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 555
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 18g
Total Carbohydrates 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- One wheel or wedge of brie with rind
- 1-2tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2-4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Carefully slice the rind from the top of the brie, set aside.
- Score cheese with a knife and wedge rosemary, sage, and garlic into slices.
- Drizzle olive oil over cheese and herbs and replace rind.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until bubbly, then remove top rind and serve warm with baguettes or crackers.
- Use different base options or herbs and seasonings to obtain different flavors.
- Mozzarella (bake for the same amount of time)
- Cream cheese (reduce baking time by half)
- Dry vermouth
- Melted butter
- Fruit juice
- Maple syrup
- Softened butter
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2c - 1c fruit
- 1/4c - 1/2c finely chopped nuts
- 1/2c - 1c fresh vegetables
- (When using fresh fruit, use honey or syrup as the base. When using canned fruit, use juice from the can as the base.)
- • Butter, garlic, onion, Granny Smith apple
- • Olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, lavender, sage
- • Vermouth, pepper, garlic, shallot
- • Olive oil, sundried tomatoes, basil
- • Brandy, garlic, tarragon, slivered almonds, sliced mushrooms
- • Pesto (olive oil, basil, garlic, parmesan), pine nuts
- • Mango chutney, curry powder, cashews
- • Apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, mustard powder, crushed red pepper
- • Pesto, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes
- • Caramelized onions
- • Raspberry jam, walnuts
- • Honey, dried cranberries, walnuts
- • Maple syrup, walnuts
- • Any jam (by itself)
- • Butter, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans, apples
- • Pumpkin butter, cinnamon, pecans, dried cranberries
- • Kahlua liqueur, brown sugar, pecans
- • Honey, lavender blossoms, almonds
- • Balsamic vinegar, cherry preserves
- • Honey or maple syrup (by itself)