Berry Lemon Balm Shrub
Shrubs, or drinking vinegars, were originally used to make drinking water safe for consumption. Now they add a zing to juices and cocktails.
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 11
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrates 238g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2c berries
- 1c sugar
- 1/2c lemon balm, chopped
- Apple cider vinegar (about 1 cup)
- Mix berries, sugar, and lemon balm and mash with a potato masher. Refrigerate 12-48 hours.
- Strain through cheesecloth to remove seeds and leaves.
- Measure liquid and mix with equal amount of apple cider vinegar.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.
- Pour 1/4c of shrub over ice in a tall glass and fill with water, juice, or soda.
Wind's Four Quarters Farm https://windsfourquartersfarm.com/